Sunday, June 6, 2010

Walking on an endless road called “Life”


The road was getting constructed when my entire family was celebrating and expecting me to be out on this road for nine months. It’s been 8609 days I have been walking on this road (except the initial days where my family was walking on my behalf), a path which no one can guarantee where it would go, not even me and no one can in their lives. Don’t know what to call it; a highway, a lane, a road of just turns and twists or an illusion of a path to heaven (ultimately).
My childhood has just been a faded memory now and can’t recall much about it. Even though the world is with me (family, friends & my better half), I know I have to walk alone. We walk alone, so as we walk along the roads of our life, we experience many things. Life experiences, that will hopefully, make us stronger and wiser people - kind, generous, understanding, unselfish, forgiving, loving, and that what we do in our lives, we will leave something of value behind when we pass on and our life ends on this road we call life. I have felt great joy, love, peace, exhalation, satisfaction, and thankfulness. I have felt great sorrow, loss and betrayal, physical pain, spiritual pain of the heart and mind, anger, retribution, resentment, and sometimes even hate. I am a human being.
I sat in my balcony and felt the hot May winds, just sitting idle and nothing to do was getting over me, the wait was way too long for the next step and the patience word was just getting disappeared from the dictionary. Then I thought where am I headed to, is this the right path or is that the right path, should I give a listening hear to what other people have to say or just believe my heart and continue walking. Going back the memory lane I remember how passionate I was for the field that I work. Walking, falling, again walking sailed me through the industry, all I could face was challenges and more challenges and here I realized it was a highway; A fast lane where I could just see people passing by me at a great speed and I felt as an amateur driver. Days, weeks, months passed and I got onto this intellectual highway.
Going through this highway wasn’t easy as on its way there were lot of diversions, some going to other paths and some to dead ends. As driving with the world I ignored all these diversions and finally reached a lane where I had no other option but to either choose a right or a left. Standing alone at that diversion board on my head all I could see was people waiting there and choosing their paths. Still confused and a question to myself, Am I on the right path or is this a wrong highway???
Few time spent there and choosing a path got me to different places. I could see people rising high and on the other hand I could see someone just falling off like dry leafs. With moving ahead I faced the up hills which were difficult to climb, some paths were still not constructed completely and were difficult to cross. All I could feel was a wrong decision in choosing a path. To add on there were turns which made it all the more confusing in choosing a right path and here I was on a path of twists and turns. Life was just getting a living hell, where all I had was complaints about me, about others. But little things change a lot of your perception about life. Some great person said, “I had no shoes and I complained until I saw a person who had no legs”. All I could perceive is it’s not always what you get but we should be thankful of what we have.
Again falling, trembling and taking couple of twists I reached a lane which was so beautiful. Guess Life always gives you a break and unexpectedly takes you to a lane which is quiet, beautiful. Here I met my better half; someone who unexpectedly brought the best in me, my inner self. Now walking along with that person seems every path has something in store for me. Don’t know whether it was destiny or what, that I had to meet her and always keep my best foot forward. A strength to just move ahead, it’s something that can’t be described in words. (Wish I could describe her here but I need lot of words to do so).
-“Every Life is a story, make yours a best seller.”

No comments:

Post a Comment