Sunday, May 23, 2010

“All you touch and all you see is all your Life will never be” - Pink Floyd.

We never comprehend the reality directly but come to know of it only as it appears to us filtered by our cognitive apparatus, postulated by German philosopher Immanuel Kant. Let me make it simple for you, here Kant means or I think relates to Advaita Vedanta in some sense.
All that you touch may not be real. At some extent World and its content is simple illusion. What happens when you give a thought that, your head banged on the wall??? First thing that you feel is the pain; second thing that you see is blood. But this is only if you banged your head. It’s just an illusion that is created in your mind that gives you more pain, a wrong illusion of self-pain. I would just like to go off this topic for some time, Do you feel the same illusion of self-pain when you think about someone else or someone you don’t know who you see sailing through or drowning in seas of hardships??? Well this question is just for yourself, no one cares what you think on this but what matters is do you want to give a thought on this (I know suddenly this question doesn’t fit in the topic, I am not a writer so please don’t expect a story telling thingie). It just rose in me and I was confused of the answer myself, so thought if someone else would answer it.
It entirely depends on how you presume things. Either you think the space is an extension of the world you live in or let’s go reverse; it might be a possibility that our world is an extension of space. The place I worked had mixtures of different minds working for a goal. But yeah I don’t know whether they were achieving personal goals or Company’s goal. Neither was I sure whether I am working towards my goal or a goal that my company was looking forward. It’s all about your way of thinking.
My Ancestors never saw this world during their time, neither could they think about it but still I am leaving in this Modern World, same way I can never see the world they lived in nor can I see the future of this place. My ancestors didn’t leave a fortune behind but they also didn’t leave debts and that matters more than anything.
As I said it’s the way you think!!! Let me give you one more example; Philosophy has no major effect or immediate effect on the majority of mankind, it only interests small numbers as for rest it’s beyond them. But in contradiction to philosophy, religion would have lot of followers it exerts its power over the strongest emotions of human beings.
“Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me.”
- Immanuel Kant.

No comments:

Post a Comment